In order to receive credit, a facility must:
Upload screenshots of social media posts that include LGBTQ+ content and/or images.
Sharing LGBTQ+ content in your facility's social media posts is another helpful way to reach LGBTQ+ patients. While Pride month is a great time for these posts, sharing inclusive content throughout the year can demonstrate your facility's year-round commitment to the LGBTQ+ community. Ideas for posts may include highlighting your facility's participation in the HEI, sharing information about LGBTQ+ health, or celebrating an LGBTQ+ awareness day.
Check out this list of LGBTQ+ holidays and awareness days that happen throughout the year for more inspiration.
- International Transgender Day of Visibility - March 31st
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd
- National Coming Out Day - October 11th
- Spirit Day - October 16th
- Transgender Day of Remembrance - November 20th