In order to receive credit, a facility must:
Describe efforts of marketing efforts and upload a sample of the creative content used to market or advertise to the LGBTQ community.
In many instances, hospitals advertise in local newspapers and magazines to promote their services, their HEI Leader status and to target the LGBTQ consumer. This is a great way to let the LGBTQ community know what services your facility provides while also reaching the LGBTQ consumer who is in the process of choosing where to receive their healthcare. Ad campaigns and marketing can further a message of a hospital’s values around LGBTQ inclusion. Increasingly, ads with authentic images of LGBTQ people are featured in both LGBTQ media outlets and the general press alike.
Check out this article entitled "Companies With LGBTQ-Inclusive Ads Can Increase Sales By 40%, And Here's Why".
- Boston Children's Hospital used this ad to promote LGBTQ patients, families and staff.
- The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia advertised their commitment to LGBTQ-patient services.
- NYC Health and Hospitals system created this LGBTQ-inclusive image to affirm its commitment to LGBTQ patients and their families.
- Planned Parenthood Indiana and Kentucky advertised their PrEP services on Grindr.
- Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children created this ad to illustrate their openness towards LGBTQ families.
- Abington Hospital created these advertisements to demonstrate their commitment to LGBTQ-inclusive patient-centered care.