After consulting with key stakeholders and considering the constraints on benefit package/contract updates, we have decided to provide CEI participants one more year to update their benefits packages for their employees.
The 2023 CEI Survey will use the 2022 CEI benefits criterion and consider companies’ 2023 survey documentation requirements on that criteria.
This decision was not made lightly; healthcare contract timing concerns, the recently release WPATH (World Professional Association for Transgender Health) SOC 8 Guidelines, and emerging access to care considerations for LGBTQ+ employees and their families were all things we took into consideration. This decision will allow us to take the necessary time towards all of our goals toward more affirming healthcare for the 2024 CEI survey cycle.
Please see the 2022 criteria requirement (and now the upcoming requirement) below:
To secure full credit for benefits criteria, benefit must be explicitly affirmed in contract documentation and available to all benefits-eligible U.S. employees. In areas where more than one health insurance plan is available, at least one inclusive plan must be available.
- Equal health coverage for transgender individuals without exclusion for medically necessary care
- Baseline coverage must include:
- Mental health benefits
- Pharmaceutical coverage (e,g, hormone replacement therapies)
- Coverage for medical visits of laboratory services
- Coverage for reconstructive surgical procedures related to gender reassignment (including reconstructive chest, breast, and genital procedures)
- Short-term medical leave