Healthcare Facilities participate in the HEI so they can:
- Learn best practices for LGBTQ equity and inclusion
- Provide patient-centered care to a long-overlooked group
- Enhance patient satisfaction ratings
- Take advantage of free online, on-demand staff training from expert sources that includes CME/CEU credits
- Ensure compliance with legal, CMS and The Joint Commission requirements
- Enjoy recognition for commitment to equity, inclusion and diversity from the nation’s largest LGBTQ civil rights organization
In addition to being a valuable tool and resource for healthcare facilities, the HEI is used by LGBTQ patients and their loved ones to find facilities that provide equitable and inclusive care. The list of LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leaders is published in the HEI report and the ratings for each participating facility are available on our website and promoted to HRC’s more than 3 million supporters.
Consumers can easily search our online database or our interactive map to see how facilities near them rate — giving patients the ability to choose where they would like to receive care in their time of need. See more information by navigating to the HEI webpage on HRC.org.