Healthcare Facilities participate in the HEI so they can:
- Learn best practices for LGBTQ+ equity and inclusion
- Provide patient-centered care to a long-overlooked group
- Enhance patient satisfaction ratings
- Take advantage of free online, on-demand staff training from expert sources that includes CME/CEU credits
- Ensure compliance with legal, CMS and The Joint Commission requirements
- Enjoy recognition for commitment to equity, inclusion and diversity from the nation’s largest LGBTQ+ civil rights organization
In addition to being a valuable tool and resource for healthcare facilities, the HEI is used by LGBTQ+ patients and their loved ones to find facilities that provide equitable and inclusive care. The list of LGBTQ+ Healthcare Equality Leaders is published in the HEI report and the ratings for each participating facility are available on our website and promoted to HRC’s more than 3 million supporters.
Consumers can easily search our online database or our interactive map to see how facilities near them rate — giving patients the ability to choose where they would like to receive care in their time of need. See more information by navigating to the HEI webpage on HRC.org.