The webinars in the "LGBTQ Parent Track" of the All Children - All Families Webinar Series focus on topics most applicable to those in parent-serving roles. Each is available at no cost. It is highly recommended that participants attend the "Introduction to LGBTQ Competency" and "Best Practices for Serving LGBTQ Parents" Core Curriculum webinars (or their equivalent) prior to attending those in this track.
For on-demand webinars related to serving LGBTQ parents, visit ACAF's webinar archive.
LGBTQ Adult Experiences & Perceptions on Foster Care & Adoption: Findings from 2019 Survey (Register Now!)
- Presented by All Children - All Families | 60 minutes | Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at 2 pm ET
- This webinar presents findings from the HRC Foundation’s 2019 survey, conducted in partnership with Clark University, that asked more than 3,600 LGBTQ adult respondents about their experiences and perceptions related to foster care and adoption. Topics include the perceived and actual barriers experienced by LGBTQ adults pursuing foster care and adoption. Participants will gain insight on ways to improve their recruitment and outreach to this often-untapped community of potential resource parents.
Fighting Back Against "License to Discriminate" Legislation (Register Now!)
- Presented by: Cathryn M. Oakley, HRC State Legislative Director & Senior Counsel | 60 minutes | Wednesday, January 22, 2020 at 3 pm ET
- This webinar is for those interested in engaging in public policy advocacy on so-called "license-to-discriminate” legislation. Topics include an overview of several false assumptions often relied upon to justify these bills, examples of organization and individual-level advocacy efforts and tips for how to get started.
Innovative Strategies for LGBTQ Parent Recruitment & Engagement (Register Now!)
- Presented in partnership with ACAF 2019 Innovators Children's Home Society and Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota; Colorado Office of Children, Youth and Families; and ExtraordinaryFamilies | 60 minutes | Wednesday, March 18, 2020 at 2 pm ET
- This webinar presents three different innovative approaches to LGBTQ parent recruitment and engagement. Representatives from three agencies certified as “Innovators” with All Children - All Families offer an overview of their strategic recruitment plans including the challenges and successes they have faced during implementation.